Monday, June 14, 2010

Quiting 101


Hi everyone,
I have been trying to stay busy while waiting for the phone to ring for possible new jobs. So, while I have had time I have been staying busy quilting, YES YOU HEARD RIGHT QUILTING LOL! I was kind of raised when I was a kid watching my Mom and Grandma quilt on these over sized saw horse like looking things back in the old days when there were no quilting machines. I started quilting when my wife and I thought it would be a good idea to try to start a quilt to see how hard it would be. I think we were going to give it away to Kat's Mom as a Mother's day present I believe but I am not sure. I am sure that my wife will correct me though letting me know what our first quilt was, and that will be left for another story down the road.



Well now that I have some time on my hands I have been finishing some quilts that needed to get done as we have had them for some time. My wife had signed up for the Downy Quilts for Kids program to start helping children that are stuck in the hospitals for a long period of time. I have added a link to the program if you would like to see the stories and see if you would be interested in joining. Kat from Heart 2 Heart had signed up for the program back in December I believe, but that was when she was having medical problems so the quilt kind of just stayed in the closet until we had time to finish it. I just registered it at the Downy website do it might take a few days for it to show up. Here are some pictures of it for you to see.




Here is the first picture of the quilt we completed this last Tuesday. Below is an actual picture of me sewing the quilt for all of you non-believers Ha!





So this is the first of three quilts that we have completed the past week. I will post the next quilt we finished for our little baby nephew Sean tomorrow. Hope you all had a great weekend!

Keep the faith!

Steve

4 comments:

The Red Brick Farmhouse said...

Hi, Steve~

I am so happy that you are participating in the Downy Quilts for Kids. Your quilt came out BEAUTIFUL! I know that whoever receives it, will LOVE IT!

I can't wait to see the rest of them!

Blessings~
Laura

Carol said...

Steve,

Quilting? You? I love that! Go for it. I am a quilter myself, but raising 5 kids ages 14, 12, 10, 8, and 8 keeps me from it more than I like. It is so rewarding and relaxing.

Keep quilting,
Carol

David C Brown said...

Sounds a good way to keep out of mischief.

Heart2Heart said...

Steve,

This was truly a blessing and who would have thought we'd pick this up again and make it a project that truly does give back to others.

The first quilt was actually one for Cait for Christmas, but then we were on a roll making them for everyone. Now we seriously need to make one for ourselves.


Love and Hugs ~ Kat